Apartment Handover Inspections
Opportunities to diversify portfolios, along with stamp duty savings have resulted in more people choosing to buy apartments in cities than before. However, it’s important to remember that ‘boom periods’ experienced during apartment construction can mean that the quality of many of these buildings is not up to standard. As a result, it is recommended that you allow us to perform an apartment handover inspection.
Here at JKB Property Inspections, we ensure that all building aspects comply with Australian standards. Our reports highlight items that require attention and these are easy to read and understand because they are provided with clear photos and concise descriptions of faults that require attention.
Having an apartment handover inspection done will also give you peace of mind in knowing that your property is ready to accept tenants. In addition, our team can arrange tax depreciation benefits via a dedicated depreciation schedule. This will ensure that you are maximizing the cash return from your investment apartment.
How Apartment Handover Inspections are done
We perform a visual inspection and use instruments such as thermal imaging cameras, moisture meters, scopes and sounding devices.
Areas we Inspect Include:
- Interior and exterior roof
- Under floor (if applicable)
- Inside and outside of the property
- Other structures such as car ports, sheds and garages
- The site itself for factors like drainage, fencing and retaining walls
How long does the Inspection Take?
In most cases, we allow for approximately an hour for an inspection. However, some can take more or less time, depending on the number of defects found and the degree of accessibility we have. Upon completion, we prepare the report and communicate with the client regarding our findings. The report is normally available within 24 hours after the inspection has been done.
There are some items that are not included in our apartment handover inspections, such as:
- Second story – or higher – roofs. These can only be inspected by prior arrangement
- Explanations of ownership or title-related issues
- Issues pertaining to compliance with building acts and regulations
- Anything underground such as soil issues, drainage and footage
- Items concealed in walls such as wiring and plumbing
If you would like to find out more about the apartment handover inspection service that we offer, give JKB Property Inspections as call today. Our team will be able to answer any question you may have about the process.